LEGAL DISCLAIMER & NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT
All pages of the web site http://sites.liberty.k12.oh.us are copyrighted (1999-2015) by Tony Daniels (Web Master) and/or the Liberty Local School District, and may also contain information which is copyrighted by others. All rights are reserved. Please contact the web master for permission to use any original materials (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For Information Purposes Only
The web site located at http://sites.liberty.k12.oh.us is an independent Web publication by Liberty Local School District and exists for informational purposes only. The site hosting is provided by Google Apps for Education. Information presented on or implied by this web site shall not supersede any policy of the Liberty Local Schools Board of Education or any contracts (including but not limited to: collective bargaining, personnel contracts, purchase or sales agreements and athletic conference commitments) entered into by Liberty Local Schools Board of Education.
Outside Sites, Which Our Web Site Links To are Not Endorsed By and Do Not Necessarily Reflect the Opinions of Liberty Local Schools
The inclusion of a resource in our directories or links to such resources should not be construed as an endorsement, nor does it give you permission to utilize any content or information that you may find at any listed URL. All links outside the http://www.liberty.k12.oh.us web site (henceforth, described as the "web site" or "district web site") are the property of their creators and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Liberty Local Schools. Liberty Local Schools cannot verify, assure or endorse the accuracy, truthfulness, reliability or legality of any information contained on outside pages that may have links from our web site. Liberty Local Schools is not responsible for the appearance, utilization of content or quality of products, goods or services provided on links by their advertisers or advertising network members who are independently owned and operated and whose content is solely their own, or by any extraneous resources that may be referenced, linked to, indexed or reviewed herein. Liberty Local Schools disclaims all liability of any kind whatsoever arising out of your use of, or inability to use, our web site and the information contained on it. Liberty Local Schools is not responsible for any losses, monetary or otherwise, as a result of using material from our web pages or links from them to other sites.
This is the Only Official Web Site of Liberty Local Schools
Any attempts to mimic this web site, create web sites advertising themselves as official web site(s) of Liberty Local Schools and/or creating redirection links to or from this site are illegal and are not condoned by Liberty Local Schools. Students of the district engaged in any of these activities will be dealt with under district student conduct codes
Prohibited Uses of the Web Site
Under no circumstances is the directly controlled content of this web site to be used for commercial purposes, advertising, political lobbying or to provide financial gain for any individual. Included under this prohibition, pages on this web site may not contain:
1) statements or other items that support or oppose a current candidate for public office, the investigation, prosecution or recall of a current public official or passage of a tax levy or bond issue;
2) direct links (links under district control) to a web site or other Internet resource that contain messages that are prohibited in #1 above;
3) information that communicates support or opposition to any labor organization, its actions or beliefs;
4) suggest or propagate any form of discrimination or persecution of any person or group of people based on their political, religious, ethnic, sexual or other related circumstances, associations and/or beliefs;
5) compositions, descriptions or depositions of "hate" literature or art;
6) any obscene or pornographic materials.
Subversion of the Rules of Use
A good faith effort will be extended to enforce these rules. Subversion of these rules by the use of fraud, deception, misrepresentation, technological manipulation of images, text or web site links through hidden computer programming code or other means will not be the responsibility of the Liberty Local Schools Board of Education or its employees. If any such subversion is discovered the district will take immediate action to remove, in a timely fashion, the objectionable materials from their web site. The district will also investigate the action and pursue appropriate disciplinary action under district student conduct codes and/or criminal and/or civil prosecution of the offender(s) and/or recovery of any monetary losses incurred in repair of the web site.
Appropriate Use of Copyrighted Materials
All reasonable attempts have been made to ensure the appropriate use of copyrighted materials on the district's web site. Any party claiming that a copyright infringement has occurred should direct, in writing, a description of the possible infringement, citation of the original source for the copyrighted material and contact information to the Attn: Web Master, Liberty Local Schools Board Office, 4115 Shady Road, Youngstown, Ohio 44505.
Third Party Web Sites Created and Maintained by Teachers, Staff, Students and/or Student Organizations and Used Directly or Indirectly in Student Instruction
Any web sites not hosted at the listed URL or servers are not the property of Liberty Local Schools and are not official web sites of the school District. Therefore, we can not endorse content of or use of these web sites. The creations of web sites by individual teachers, academic departments, student organizations or other employees of Liberty Local Schools are not under sponsorship, control or responsibility of the district. The district strongly suggests any outside web site that is created by individual teachers, academic departments, student organizations or other employees of Liberty Local Schools, in conjunction with any educational, student organization, athletic, alumni or extracurricular activity, should follow the guidelines and purposes established for the district web site.
Purposes and Guidelines for Web Content and Use
Purposes of District Web Site Include:
1. Educational -
Content provide in the web site should be suitable and usable by students and teachers to support the curriculum and course of studies of the district.
Content provides information for students, teachers, staff, parents of students and the community concerning schedules, events, curriculum and courses of study and policies, etc. Provide a repository for various applications and forms used by students, teachers, staff and parents of students in the normal course of operations. (Note- information presented on or implied by this web site shall not supersede any policy of the Liberty Local Schools Board of Education or any contracts (including but not limited to: collective bargaining, personnel contracts, purchase or sales agreements and athletic conferences commitments) entered into by Liberty Local Schools Board of Education.)
Serves a means for the district to communicate information concerning the district and its activities to the members of the community and other parties that may be affected by the district's activities. Examples might include, but not be limited to, the posting of school closings or delays due to weather conditions.
Guidelines for Posting of Materials to the District Web Site:
1. All materials must meet the provisions of the federal Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA)
2. All materials shall be in compliance with Board of Education policies, bylaws, operating procedures, Federal and State of Ohio statutes that Board operates under.
3. No photographs or other information identifying individual students will be posted without prior written permission of the student's parent(s) or guardian(s) or the student (for students over 18 years of age). Any material dealing with students shall also be in compliance with Board Policy section 5000 "Students"
4. All materials should meet the purpose of district web sites as outlined above
5. No posting of materials contrary to the rules prohibiting commercial, political or financial as listed above.
6. Posting of grades, test results or similar materials for individual students will be done only within a well-defined framework of a secure, password protected access system limited to the student's parent(s), guardians(s), teacher(s), administrator(s) and/or the individual student.
7. Control of the posting of materials and editing of pages will remain with the Superintendent and/or his or her appointee(s)..